8 January 2013

Trying to wake up.

It didn't go as planned.

Too many things I wanted to try? Maybe.

The result, anyway, has been quite a disaster.

I still haven't learned C (or Go, for that matter); I tried but miserably failed to read Modern Operating Systems; my beloved tutorial is still missing some pages. And I feel like I have forgotten so much!

Yes, there has been a minor step forward in my studies, but not enough for an article; my github page is a little better, but out of two projects one is untouched and broken and the other is stuck (and on an apparently trivial problem! how to find an Eulerian cycle in an Eulerian graph!).

My health has been behaving badly too (enough for my doctor and my supervisor to suggest me to take a term off university "to take things with more ease" - let's just leave it at that), and that has not helped.

So: I need to wake up! To do something!

And so I decided to go to the Doc Sprint in Brno: trying to set myself some goals, hoping that they are not unrealistic.

As usual, any suggestion is welcome.

2 comments :

  1. I wouldn't call Eulerian cycle finding a "trivial problem".

    I've seen an implementation of Hierholzer's algorithm in a book once. It contained a bunch of typographical errors (all the < and > signs were missing; good luck figuring out "if U V" was supposed to be "if U < V" or "if U > V" or "if U <> V"). About all I remember was that it involved two stacks.

    I'm not sure I could implement it without access to a good (and typo-free) CS book or Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. When I get this depressed, I translate software — easy to start and easy to see results. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete